Tuesday, January 10, 2012



AHHHHH!! I am feeling pretty damn good tonight. Not sure why. Maybe it was the tomato soup. Last year on day 5 we were dealing with a snow storm and I was on my last leg. That was the day I started cooking more for us. I just broke down because I couldn’t cook chili which is my favorite during snow (as if we get a lot of it). I jumped into the kitchen and put my adequate skills to work. I have a friend we used to call the soup Nazi when I worked in a restaurant and I just did what he used to do and put some stuff together and made a tomato soup. Last year Jules said it was the best tomato soup she had ever had. Well this year I did the same. I came home and decided that tomato soup was my turning point last year so I was going to do it again this year. Man it kicked ass too. Well, Jules looked at me and said “what did you put in here different to make it taste funny”. I know what you are thinking, WTF, cause that was my initial thought as well. I mean I slave over a hot stove all night so that when my woman comes home I can make her happy and I get “it tastes funny”. I guess that is payback for the many times throughout history a man said the same silly shit to his lady. But you have to love Jules for the fact that she doesn’t hold anything back. No sugar coating anything up in this crib. Well she can kiss my A$$ because that soup was rockin’. {editor’s note: I explained quickly that “a funny taste” doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing. The soup was great!}

I said yesterday I was done with the brown rice and I wasn’t kidding. God bless the person that decided to find products to help people that can’t process gluten. We have found Organic Brown rice noodles. That’s right your heard me correctly, and it is good. OK the regular pasta is better, but for a substitute it’s good and I’ll take anything to get away from the taste brown rice. I added the macaroni noodles to the soup and it was like heaven in a bowl let me tell you.

Jules is working my sciatic and funny bone nerve. Don’t let her full you on here. She acts like she has just been a damn bundle of joy and that is just not the case. I am about to take her out if she doesn’t check her attitude at the door. It is understandable for the most part. I am still a little moody but today has been the best so far. {editor’s note: All I know is that I have felt pretty happy the last five days with the exception of a few hours one day. I will say, this time around, it seems easier. I don’t have nearly the cravings I had last year on the cleanse.}

Compliments I have received have been, “Your boobs are smaller”. Yea I know, right? Who in the hell do you think would give me that compliment? That’s right my little bundle of joy over here. {editor’s note: Someone has to comment on the changes taking place. Besides, man boobs are sexy, right?} Pretty sure no man wants to hear that his boobs are smaller. I didn’t even know I had any as far as that is concerned. I mean when you lose weight it is crazy the shit people will say to you thinking it is a compliment when all the time you are thinking ‘what? I had man tits or something?’ Next was one of my customers who saw the video of us measuring and he said ‘man when did you guys film that you sure as hell don’t look that big anymore’. I said Friday and he said ‘WHAT!! you looked all blown up man’. Funny how no one says anything to you while you are fat as hell. They all wait until you are losing to let you know what they really think. I sure hope all these people would tell me if I had a booger hanging out of my nose.

Cravings: not many today. went by a BBQ joint and longed for the pig. GOD BLESS THE PIG. Krispy Kreme donuts were mentioned today and I am not even a big sweet eater{editor’s note: This was a craving of Jules due to a Krispy Kreme school sale. Was the first long term craving I’ve had}. Oh and a sausage biscuit. not sure why but I love me a damn bisquit.

Thanks again for reading and stay tuned as we are going to have some videos coming out on Any Ol’ Thing.

I am off to the deep sleep and vivid dreams. Until tomorrow!



A Jules Addendum:
I bought some Kale the other day and figured I’d try out some Kale chips for an afternoon snack. I used to come home from work nearly every day wanting chips or some other crunchy snack so this was the next best thing since I was out of sweet potatoes. Here’s the recipe I came up with. They were pretty tasty!

Kale Chips:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cut off individual leaves of Kale from a fresh bunch
Place leaves in a large ziploc bag with the following:
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2t Italian Seasoning
salt and pepper as desired.
Close the bag and shake it to coat the leaves
Lay the leaves on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Check them often so they don’t burn.
Once they’re crunchy, they’re ready to eat! Sprinkle with your favorite vinegar for an extra flavor.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment