Thursday, January 19, 2012


Well, we were finally able to get some meat into our bellies. I really thought I was going to crack and kill someone. It was probably the best damn chicken I have ever had. I made Julie's with a Trader Joe’s South African Smoke seasoning blend and damn it was good. I just blackened mine but that is how I love my Chicken. Monday night we did some Salmon and I would say it was almost orgasmic. Going that long without meat is a BITCH period. I was actually told by a friend and client via an email exchange to ‘go eat some damn meat to fix my grumpy ass”.

[caption id="attachment_339" align="alignleft" width="267" caption="Chicken at our house---bored."][/caption]The rest of the week has been pretty laid back now that we can add something else to the diet. I am still losing weight. I am down 14 Lbs. Kind of disapointed in myself for how much I actually weighed at the beginning of this. I don’t think I am going to make it to the weight I finished at last year but I still feel great and I will keep going with Visaliswhen I am done with this Detox Cleanse. {Editor's Note: I've been pretty bored with this week. Now that we can eat meat, all the interesting cooking that Rusty used to do went away. All he does is cook chicken and salmon on the grill and saute some veggies to go with it. I think these days are the days I'm going to get grumpy!}

Been just mostly cooking Chicken and Salmon and sauteing veggies. I am still staying away from brown rice. I would rather eat the maid’s shit in a chocolate pie than brown rice. Grilled Chicken Salads for lunch every day and I am in love with them. But again anything tastes better with MEAT. {Editor's note: Now you see what I mean! Ugh. I'm not so interested in chicken salads. I actually ate mine today without meat.}

Craving wine and beer pretty bad. My food cravings have subsided a good bit which is what this thing is all about. I am not a big sweet eater but for some reason I am craving some cake today. Jules NEEDS a damn wendy’s grilled chicken sandwich. Oh and the Hardee’s chicken fingers in Franks hot sauce. That sounds pretty good to me as well. Can you tell we have been watching TV because there is NOTHING but food comercials on. {Editor's Note: Yes, I want that chicken sandwich but I don't want it grilled, I want it breaded and deep FRIED, baby!}

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="180" caption="And here it is...The Asiago Ranch Chicken Club"]And here it is...The Asiago Ranch Chicken Club[/caption]

We have been posting some videos so please go check them out. The Jambalaya recipe is fantastic and Wintergreen Winery is a great place to visit. THis damn thing is going to be over on Wednesday and we are going to have some wine and I CAN”T WAIT.

Thanks for stopping by Any Ol' Thing and we hope to see you soon.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment