Sunday, January 8, 2012

WE’RE BACK!!!! 2011 started out wonderfully with our first Standard Process cleanse, however we were unable to keep up the good work and gained all the weight back we lost as well as continued to eat terribly. Sometimes things happen in your life that derails you from goals set. Well, 2012 is here and we are going at it again. I don’t mind failing but I will not tolerate myself quitting, so here we go.

Yesterday was day two and it didn’t seem so tough. We woke up ready to get the day going. We started with a shake and decided that while on the cleanse we could fill up our time with getting our house, building, and lives in better order for the new year. It was a beautiful day so we decided to get outside and go through our storage building to start the purge along with our cleanse. One thing I failed to consider is that while cleansing, especially in the first few days, there are not any carbs to help with energy so I completely wore my ass out. I was beat to say the least and starving my ass off by the end of the day. We had a large salad for lunch with a tomato vinaigrette and then we did a stir fry for dinner. Jules loved the stir fry and I will admit it was good, but after eating it so much last year, I was done with stir fry. A shake night cap and then to bed.
[caption id="attachment_147" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Stir Fry"]Stir Fry[/caption]

Woke up this morning craving CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN with the white gravy and mashed potatoes. Well guess what’s NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! I have no idea why I was craving CFC but I could almost smell it. So, I started with a shake and was pretty pissy to say the least this morning. Jules woke up in a great mood and ready to go. Didn’t last long as she turned on me and I had no idea who in the hell I was hanging out with. We went to Ruby Tuesday’s to eat the Salad Bar while Olivia ate Grilled Chicken. I despised that child for a moment as she ate her grilled chicken and mashed potatoes in pure bliss. Jules and I grudgingly gnawed on raw greens and vegetables but we knew that in the end it was all going to be worth it. After some shopping at Trader Joe’s Jules and Olivia passed out in the car as we drove home. As I said this was a tough day for Jules.

Tonight we discovered LENTILS!! How damn wonderful they are. WOW I wish I knew about them last year and maybe I wouldn’t be so tired of stir fry. Tonight I cooked up some Mexican lentil chili and it was fantastic. I can’t wait to have it again. We will be posting a recipe for this on a later date. It is one in which I use for black beans but I just substituted Lentils and added some mushrooms that worked surprisingly well.
[caption id="attachment_149" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Lentil Chili"]Lentil Chili[/caption]

Not sure what tomorrow will bring but we will continue to muscle through this until the end. Thanks for following us and thanks even more for stopping by Any Ol’ Thing. We are going to have some fun this year for sure.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment