Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I recently found a pin on Pinterest that had a health plan for each day of the week. It encouraged me to do something similar on my own because it would be easier to make a commitment each day rather than an overall weekly commitment. My cheesy self, of course, had to make all the days start with the same letter so here is what I came up with:

 
Mini Monday: I make sure all my portion sizes are smaller on this day.

Two Shake Tuesday: I drink a Visalus shake every morning, but on Tuesdays, I’ll drink a second one for lunch or dinner.

Walking Wednesday: I want to try to walk 3 days a week but this makes sure that I at least get one in and will be a good start to getting into a routine.

Thirsty Thursday: I will drink 8 - 8 oz glasses of water (or 4 water bottles)

Fruit and Veggie Friday: I will eat a fruit or vegetable at every meal- equivalent of 1.5 cups of fruits and 2.5 cup of veggies (I got this number from the Fruits and Veggies Matter site where you can put in your age and weight and determine how much you need)

Yesterday was my first day but I think this is easy enough of a plan to follow and stick to long term. Notice Saturday and Sunday weren’t included. That’s my own personal thing because I know those are my splurge days. I usually eat one meal each of those days that doesn’t really fall into my “healthy plan” but the rest of the time I eat sensibly and of course I still have my Visalus shake every morning.

Try it for yourself! Pick some goals that you know you could achieve for just one day and let us know how it goes!

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment